Tuesday 29 October 2013

The first of many...

Hello everyone!

I've finally decided to start my own football blog, I know a lot of people who do these and it seemed a great way to share my many experiences from a different perspective and hope to grow interest and excitement in Non League football played across the country but particularly in the midlands.

For those of you who don't know me then my name is Chris and I'm from Tamworth, in the midlands. I support my local team but also enjoy ground hopping, covering most of my local grounds but also sometimes on a bigger scale. I try and vary where I go every week so you will be able to read about a  range of different clubs in different leagues. You can also follow my twitter account which is @chris_sharp18 and I also run an unofficial page covering the Midland Alliance and Midland Combination leagues @MFAandMFC .

For my first blog I thought I'd cover the match which I watched on Saturday, with my hometown side Tamworth of the Skrill premier playing Skrill north Solihull Moors in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round at the Lamb. This local encounter would provide financial bonuses and the potential of playing against a League 1 team so was a big game for both teams. Solihull have enjoyed a great start to their season, being unbeaten winning 6 and drawing 5 in the process whereas Tamworth have had a mixed start, Losing 8 games which is twice as many as they've won or drawn. Before the game even the Tamworth fans thought that at best a reply would be needed against this strong side with my twitter feed being full of support for the high flying Moors. It turned out to be different with most supporters, including myself, being completely wrong.

The game started off quite lively and Tamworth seemed to be pushing, they had a number of changes from the 4-3 defeat by Luton last week. 2 new loan signings, David Morgan and Jordan Keane, made their debuts and all felt a lot different than previous games. A long ball into the box was not dealt with by the Moors defence and found our striker turned winger for the day Richard Penekit who's shot which looked like a fluked miss kick was just out of the reach of the Solihull keeper, touching the post and going into the net after only 5 minutes played, making it 1-0 Tamworth.
Tamworth continued to have a number of chances to extend their lead but Solihull's defence were doing well to keep them out, creating some of their own chances also. On the half hour Tamworth doubled their lead, a corner from the left was deflected by a Solihull defender (possibly his arm) where it then fell to Nick Chadwick a couple of yards out for him to tap in the second goal for 2-0 Tamworth.
The game was truly killed off about 10 minutes later when a curling free kick just outside the box from Tony Capaldi was met by a diving header of Chadwick for his second and Tamworth's third without reply, 3-0. This is how it remained at half time.
The second half started more quietly and Solihull should have scored twice within the first 5 minutes, but they didn't. Both of these chances were formed when the Moor's strikers reacted quicker than then Tamworth defence but goalkeeper Cameron Belford came to the rescue. Tamworth still had chances on the counter attack and kept going close but couldn't find a forth goal, but not for long. Another corner whipped in from the left found the run of tall centre half Ben Richards-Everton who placed the header firmly into the net, an amazing 4-0 to Tamworth!
The game really did go a lot quitter from here on but both teams threatened throughout, either team could have scored from here on and the final goal of the game went to Solihull. A cross from left back Jordi Gough, who Solihull brought in from Gresley, found a flick off the head of their most prolific striker Omar Bogle and rolled into the corner of the net with the keeper beaten. A consolation goal but exactly what they deserved for their efforts in the game, making it 4-1 to Tamworth. 
That was how it finished with Tamworth 4-1 Solihull Moors the full time score, the Lambs go marching into the 1st round of the cup where they will play Cheltenham Town at home.
Quite an amazing score line since that was Solihull's first loss of the season!

Half Time: Tamworth 3-0 Solihull Moors
Full Time: Tamworth 4-1 Solihull Moors

Attendance: 1035

For every game I will also provide the cost of admission, programme, badge etc and with ratings on these along with entertainment, facilities and other factors.

Admission - £12, £7 and £3 (Category B)
Programme - £1.50 (reduced size)

Admission - 3/5 (About the average for the Skrill Premier)
Programme - 3.5/5 (Good read, reduced size so no averts an plenty of info)
Entertainment - 5/5!
Facilities - 3/5 (Not going to lie, they could be better but nice clubhouse and main stand)


Well there you go, my first blog. I appreciate the time that anyone has taken to read this, I'd love for you to comment on it or tweet me. I hope to be doing this regularly so any support or suggestions would be a massive help to me! Please help me share my blog to a bigger audience as this truly is the first of many...


(Pictures below not taken by me)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment